Briton 2130B Size 2-6 Overhead Door Closer
This Briton heavy-duty fire door closer is suitable for use in public buildings such as schools and hospitals.
With adjustable closing speed and latch action, this closer is ideal for doors with a maximum weight of 120kg and a maximum width of 1400mm.
The backcheck feature makes this closer ideal for high traffic doors as it offers resistance when the door is opened with excessive force, preventing damage to doors and walls.
This door is CE Marked and fire-rated for up to 2 hours on a timber door.
- Adjustable closing speed: Yes
- Adjustable latch action: Yes
- Delayed action: No
- Backcheck: Yes
- Hold Open: No
- Length: 209mm
- Height: 60mm
- Projection: 38mm
- Handed: No
- Maximum door weight: 120kg
- Maximum door width: 1400mm
- Strength: adjustable size 2-6
- Applications: Fig 1, Fig 61 and Fig 66
- Tested to BS EN1154
- Fire tested: EN1634
- CE Marked
What is adjustable closing speed?
Adjustable closing speed allows for the adjustment of the speed with which the door is closed.
What is delayed Action?
Delayed action allows the closer to close the door more slowly at the top of its cycle.
What is hold open?
Hold open means the door can be held in the open position.
How do I know what strength door closer I need?
The strength required is selected depending on the doors width and weight.
What is adjustable latch action?
Adjustable latch action allows the speed over the final 7-10 degrees to be adjusted to overcome latches and seals.
What does Applications Fig 1, Fig 61 and Fig 66 mean?
Applications are the door closer fixing positions -
- Fig 1 - The closer is mounted onto the pull side of the door, and the arm attaches to the frame above.
- Fig 61 - The closer is mounted onto the push side of the door onto the frame, and the arm attaches to the door below.
- Fig 66 - The closer is mounted onto the push side of the door and the arm attaches to the frame above via a parellel arm bracket.