Millenco Mantis 1 Latch 3 Hooks 2 Deadbolts 2 Rollers Double Spindle Multipoint Door Lock
This Millenco Mantis 1 multipoint door lock features 2 Rollers, 3 Hooks, 2 Deadbolts & 1 Latch.
The original Mantis 1 lock has a unique gearbox featuring 86/117mm centres. Please note that older versions of this lock do not have any markings on the faceplate.
Millenco Mantis 1 multipoint door locks are the original Millenco locks. They feature unique measurements of 117mm and 86mm centres (PZ) and now form part of the Yale group of companies.
Mantis 1 multipoint locks are available 3 different variants: 3 hooks and 2 deadbolts, 3 hooks and 2 deadbolts with 2 rollers and a 4 roller version. There is also a passive lock version. Historically, Mantis 1 locks have been produced with hooks and deadbolts in different locations. Unfortunately, those locks are no longer available, so some work will be required to reposition keeps and locking positions.
The variant without rollers was often used on timber and composite doors, whereas the version with rollers was used on UPVC doors. You may come across Mantis 1 locks with a cover plate fitted, to match the, often composite, door installation. That cover plate is either 24mm or 44mm wide and locks with this feature are no longer available. However it is possible to re-use this cover plate on your replacement lock. A linkage plate runs behind the cover plate, so it is possible to swap the 16mm faceplate to the older 24mm or 44mm faceplate without much trouble. The linkage will likely be longer than your existing installation, so will need trimming before fitting.
Identifying a Millenco Mantis 1 multipoint door lock is straightforward as it is the only lock on the market with a double spindle, 117mm and 86mm centres. This is the best way to ensure that you have the correct lock as early versions of these locks had no brand stamped on the faceplate.
Millenco Mantis 1 gearboxes are only available in one configuration and backset. The configuration is double spindle for lift lever or double spindle nightlatch operation. The only backset available is 35mm.
Mantis 1 gearboxes are some of the largest on the market, measuring 260mm high by 53mm wide. They feature a central hook bolt that is 45mm high and a latch which measures 23mm high and projects 11mm.
Even though the faceplate can be unscrewed, a Mantis 1 gearbox cannot be swapped with a replacement as it is connected to the linkage rail that runs behind the faceplate. However, repair parts are now available to repair existing gearboxes. Please refer to our multipoint lock gearbox category for details.
Millenco hooks are comprised of a hook that moves upwards and a deadbolt, immediately below it. Hook cases measure 140mm by 48mm and the deadbolts throw 20mm into their keeps.
Rollers are used for compression, to pull the door against the frame, to help prevent dust or water ingress. They do little for security, but they also have the added benefit of helping to prevent the door from becoming warped as it is supported across its full height. This is dependent on the rollers being engaged into their keeps.
Rollers are normally adjustable by 1mm to help achieve optimum weather sealing.
Operation: Double Spindle
To lock the door
1. On closing the door, the latch is automatically engaged.
2. Lift the handle up to engage the locking points.
3. Lock the system by turning the key.
To unlock the door
1. Unlock the system by turning the key.
2. Push the handle downwards to disengage the locking points.
3. A further quarter turn of the key will retract the latch.
We stock a range of associated products for Millenco Mantis 1 multipoint door locks, including keeps, spindles, handles and accessories.
Latch Reversal: Undo the screw or screws (depending on the model) in the latch to remove. Reverse, reinsert and replace screw(s).
You may find this lock used as an UPVC door lock or an aluminium door lock.
- Manufacturer: Millenco
- Backset: Select from drop-down - How do I measure the backset?
- Centres PZ: 117mm/86mm - How do I measure the centres?
- Faceplate: Select from drop-down - How do I measure the faceplate?
- Spindle Size: 8mm
- Rollers: 2
- Hooks: 3
- Deadbolts: 2
- Latch: 1
- Main Gearbox: Latch & deadbolt
- Operation: Select from drop-down - What is the operation?
- Spindle: Double 8mm
- Handing: Non handed
- Distance Between Inner Locking: 1290mm
- Distance Between Outer Locking: 1605mm
- Height: 2200mm
- Top Hook to Spindle: 620mm
- Bottom Hook to Spindle: 680mm
- Top Roller to Spindle: 775mm
- Bottom Roller to Spindle: 830mm
- Door Material: UPVC, Aluminium
How can I tell who the manufacturer is of my multipoint lock?
Check down the faceplate and look for a brand name or logo to identify the manufacturer.
How do I find out the operation of my multipoint door lock?
- 1. If you only use the key to unlock all of the locking points then the operation is called Key Wind.
- 2. If you lift the handle and turn the key to lock then the operation is called Lift Lever.
- 3. If from the outside you unlock with the key, pull handle down to disengage the locking points and turn the key to open the door then this operation is called Nightlatch or Split Spindle.
- 4. If lifting the handle fully locks the door without the use of a key then this operation is called Auto Locking.
How do I measure my multipoint door lock?
Always measure in millimetres.
- 1. Backset – Measure the distance from the edge of the faceplate back to where the key goes into the door cylinder.
- 2. Centres – Measure the distance from centre of handle spindle down to where the key goes into the door cylinder.
- 3. Locking points – Measure the distance from centre of the locking point to the centre of handle spindle then repeat for other locking points.
- 4. Faceplate – Measure the distance across the width of the face and full length of the faceplate.
- 5. Gearbox – Measure the height and depth of the gearbox.
How do I know if my multipoint door lock is left or right handed?
99% of multipoint door locks are field reversible, instructions for which are under product information. For those models which are handed please refer to the handing chart to determine which hand you require.
Do you have a gearbox for this multipoint lock?
No but we have replacement spindle cams MILLSPIN or repair kits MILM1REPKIT.