Avocet Lift Lever French Door Passive Lock - Shootbolt Compatible
This Avocet multipoint door lock features no locking points and is suitable for the passive door on a pair of French doors.
The original Avocet Passive Lock with atachments for shootbolts.
Made in Avocets Trivalent silver finish but is also available in stainless steel finish by special order for harsher environments.
Avocet multipoint door locks are easily identifiable once they are removed from the door. Faceplates are usually stamped with the Avocet logo, although older locks may have the "WMS" logo stamped. Gearboxes are uniquely shaped, with the cut out extending below the latch, which is unique when identifying multipoint locks.
Avocet multipoint door locks were originally available in a wide range of different configurations featuring hooks, rollers, deadbolts and an Affinity Bastion lock with opposing hooks. Earlier versions of Avocet multipoint locks were made in yellow passivated steel, which have a distinctive brassy colour. Recently, the locks have changed with faceplates made from a stainless steel or a Trivalent silver finish.
When these locks swapped from yellow passivated to silver, the majority of variations were replaced. Notable exceptions include the 2 roller and 2 mushroom lock as well as the shorter version of the 3 deadbolt lock designed for use on caravans. Please contact us if you would like assistance finding the best replacements for these locks.
Also, it's worth noting some Avocet multipoint door locks feature a "sash lifter" device. This device was designed to help ensure the correct sash to frame alignment but these are no longer available so we would recommend replacing these locks with the standard version.
Most Avocet locks are only available in a 35mm backset, but the Affinity Bastion lock is designed for composite doors and feature a 45mm backset.
Although some original Avocet multipoint 4 roller door locks feature a single spindle and lift lever functionality, all current locks are only available in a double spindle nightlatch configuration. The centres are at 62mm and 92mm, but if the nightlatch functionality is not required, the lock can still be used as a lift lever version using the top spindle.
All Avocet locks which are designed for PVCu with a flat 16mm faceplate have the ability to accept shootbolts.
Avocet gearboxes measure 218mm high x backset + 15mm. It’s the large cut out in the top corner, that extends below the latch which makes them unique. This feature can assist with the fitment of handles as the screws are located above the lever.
Avocet gearboxes feature a latch that is 29mm high and a deadbolt that is 34mm high with a distance of 82mm between the top of the deadbolt and the bottom of the latch.
These gearboxes are not attached to the strip using conventional screws or rivets. Instead, the gearboxes are held by arms which connect using circlips. While it's possible to remove a gearbox from a full Avocet lock, we would advise replacing the full unit. Also, it's worth noting the design of the arms have changed over time and older gearboxes have a flat clip. Newer versions have a slightly curved connecting arm located lower down making gearbox swaps with newer for older versions impossible.
When measuring the backset, allow 2-3mm for the faceplate, so a 35mm backset gearbox will measure 32mm when not fixed to the strip.
Operation: Lift Lever
To lock the door
1. Lift the handle upwards to engage the locking points.
2. Lock the locking points and main deadbolt (if present) by turning the key.
To unlock the door
1. Unlock the system by turning the key.
2. Push the handle downwards to disengage the locking points and retract the latch.
- Corrosion resistance: BSEN1670:2007 Grade 4
- Tested to 100,000 cycles.
We stock a range of associated products for Avocet multipoint door locks, including keeps, spindles, handles and accessories.
Latch Reversal: Not applicable as this passive door lock is unhanded and does not feature a latch.
You may find this lock used as an UPVC door lock, an aluminium door lock, a timber multipoint door lock or a composite door lock .
- Manufacturer: Avocet
- Backset: Select from drop-down - How do I measure the backset?
- Centres PZ: 92mm - How do I measure the centres?
- Faceplate: Select from drop-down - How do I measure the faceplate?
- Spindle Size: 8mm
- Main Gearbox: Passive lock
- Operation: Select from drop-down - What is the operation?
- Spindle: Single 8mm
- Handing: Non handed
- Height: 1955mm
- Door Material: UPVC, Aluminium, Timber, Composite
How can I tell who the manufacturer is of my multipoint lock?
Check down the faceplate and look for a brand name or logo to identify the manufacturer.
How do I find out the operation of my multipoint door lock?
- 1. If you only use the key to unlock all of the locking points then the operation is called Key Wind.
- 2. If you lift the handle and turn the key to lock then the operation is called Lift Lever.
- 3. If from the outside you unlock with the key, pull handle down to disengage the locking points and turn the key to open the door then this operation is called Nightlatch or Split Spindle.
- 4. If lifting the handle fully locks the door without the use of a key then this operation is called Auto Locking.
How do I measure my multipoint door lock?
Always measure in millimetres.
- 1. Backset – Measure the distance from the edge of the faceplate back to where the key goes into the door cylinder.
- 2. Centres – Measure the distance from centre of handle spindle down to where the key goes into the door cylinder.
- 3. Locking points – Measure the distance from centre of the locking point to the centre of handle spindle then repeat for other locking points.
- 4. Faceplate – Measure the distance across the width of the face and full length of the faceplate.
- 5. Gearbox – Measure the height and depth of the gearbox.
How do I know if my multipoint door lock is left or right handed?
99% of multipoint door locks are field reversible, instructions for which are under product information. For those models which are handed please refer to the handing chart to determine which hand you require.
Do you stock the shootbolts for this lock?
Yes our part numbers are DALSB80SS, DALSB160SS and DALSB260SS.