Avantis Latch Deadbolt 2 Hooks 2 Rollers Double Spindle Multipoint Door Lock (top hook to spindle = 540mm) - Shootbolt Compatible
This Avantis multipoint door lock features 2 Rollers, 2 Hooks, 1 Deadbolt & 1 Latch.
The Avantis 550 Series French door lock is easily recognised by it's unique latch and deadbolt configuration.
Avantis locks have the largest hooks on the market at 25mm.
This is the standard version but a narrow locking position version is also available.
Avantis multipoint door locks are one of the easiest locks to identify before you have removed it from the door. They feature an unusual configuration where the deadbolt sits above the latch.
Avantis locks are specifically designed for the UK residential door market. They feature a 25mm throw and a direct drive deadbolt in the main gearbox whereas most gearbox deadbolts from other manufacturers only throw 20mm. The Avantis deadbolt also features 5 grooves and is chamfered for improved compression.
Also, 16mm faceplate locks are compatible with shootbolts.
Established in 2006, Avantis is a relatively new multipoint lock manufacturer, so demand for repairs and replacements is beginning to grow. The business was established by the former CEO of Millenco, so while the brand is new, there is plenty of expertise available in the UK market.
Avantis gearboxes are unique in the market, featuring a distinctive grooved deadbolt sitting above the latch. The deadbolt measures 30mm high and extends 25mm when thrown. The distance from the bottom of the deadbolt to the top of the latch is 60mm and the latch is 24mm high.
These gearboxes are available as a double spindle with centres at 92mm and 62mm. Therefore, they can be used with a double spindle nightlatch functionality (often used on front doors) or as a standard lift lever, using the top spindle only (commonly used on back doors). The spindles feature a unique cross shape but they also accept a normal 8mm spindle.
Gearboxes measure 220mm high x backset +15mm. Be sure to allow for 2mm when measuring the backset on a lock that already has the faceplate fitted.
Gearboxes are fixed to the faceplate using 4 screws. One is above the deadbolt, with 2 screws between the latch and deadbolt and the last screw is located below the latch. They measure 47mm from the top to the 2nd screw hole, 40mm from the 2nd to 3rd and 42mm from the 3rd to 4th screw hole.
Avantis are proud to state their hooks are the largest on the UK market and provide the highest level of security. They are chamfered to ensure that the door is pulled to the frame, to enhance weather sealing. Also, hooks on Avantis locks throw in opposing directions.
Rollers are used for compression, to pull the door against the frame, to help prevent dust or water ingress. They do little for security, but they also have the added benefit of helping to prevent the door from becoming warped as it is supported across its full height. This is dependent on the rollers being engaged into their keeps.
Operation: Double Spindle
To lock the door
1. On closing the door, the latch is automatically engaged.
2. Lift the handle up to engage the locking points.
3. Lock the system by turning the key.
To unlock the door
1. Unlock the system by turning the key.
2. Push the handle downwards to disengage the locking points.
3. A further quarter turn of the key will retract the latch.
- Tested to PAS24 & BS6375
- Corrosion resistance: BSEN1670:2007 Grade 4
- Tested to 50,000 cycles.
We stock a range of associated products for Avantis multipoint door locks, including keeps, spindles, handles and accessories.
Latch Reversal: Undo the screw in the latch to remove. Reverse, reinsert and replace screw.
You may find this lock used as an UPVC door lock or an aluminium door lock.
- Manufacturer: Avantis
- Backset: Select from drop-down - How do I measure the backset?
- Centres PZ: 92mm/62mm - How do I measure the centres?
- Faceplate: Select from drop-down - How do I measure the faceplate?
- Spindle Size: 8mm
- Rollers: 2
- Hooks: 2
- Deadbolts: 1
- Latch: 1
- Main Gearbox: Latch & deadbolt
- Operation: Select from drop-down - What is the operation?
- Spindle: Double 8mm
- Handing: Non handed
- Distance Between Inner Locking: 1105mm
- Distance Between Outer Locking: 1330mm
- Height: 2000mm
- Top Hook to Spindle: 540mm
- Bottom Hook to Spindle: 565mm
- Top Roller to Spindle: 660mm
- Bottom Roller to Spindle: 670mm
- Door Material: UPVC, Aluminium
How can I tell who the manufacturer is of my multipoint lock?
Check down the faceplate and look for a brand name or logo to identify the manufacturer.
How do I find out the operation of my multipoint door lock?
- 1. If you only use the key to unlock all of the locking points then the operation is called Key Wind.
- 2. If you lift the handle and turn the key to lock then the operation is called Lift Lever.
- 3. If from the outside you unlock with the key, pull handle down to disengage the locking points and turn the key to open the door then this operation is called Nightlatch or Split Spindle.
- 4. If lifting the handle fully locks the door without the use of a key then this operation is called Auto Locking.
How do I measure my multipoint door lock?
Always measure in millimetres.
- 1. Backset – Measure the distance from the edge of the faceplate back to where the key goes into the door cylinder.
- 2. Centres – Measure the distance from centre of handle spindle down to where the key goes into the door cylinder.
- 3. Locking points – Measure the distance from centre of the locking point to the centre of handle spindle then repeat for other locking points.
- 4. Faceplate – Measure the distance across the width of the face and full length of the faceplate.
- 5. Gearbox – Measure the height and depth of the gearbox.
How do I know if my multipoint door lock is left or right handed?
99% of multipoint door locks are field reversible, instructions for which are under product information. For those models which are handed please refer to the handing chart to determine which hand you require.
I have this lock but the hook distance is 1325mm, do you stock this version?
Yes part number is AV135.
Do you stock a gearbox only for this lock?
Yes our part numbers are AVCASE35 and AVCASE45.