This ABS British standard (30/30 are not BS) euro key & thumb turn cylinder is anti pick, anti bump, anti drill, anti snap to TS007 standard and 3 star kite marked. ABS key & thumb turn cylinders are security key and thumb turn cylinders, they must be returned to the rest position after use. Designed to prevent burglaries. 2nd side is the snap side.
VIDEO - ABS Cylinder BS 3* - Put to the Test
VIDEO - ABS Cylinder BS 3* - Lock Snapping
CAUTION: Thumb-Turn Euro Cylinder Operation
Please note: Care should be taken when using a thumb tum cylinder. The thumb turn cylinder is spring loaded for security. This is a safety future whereby should the cylinder be attacked from the out-side it will prevent access to the lock mechanism.
*****THE THUMB TURN CYLINDER MUST BE PUSHED IN TO TURN AND MUST BE RELEASED BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL OUT POSITION AFTER EVERY OPERATION: this is so that the lock is always in the correct position to prevent external attack.
IF THE THUMB TURN IS LEFT IN THE MIDWAY POSITION WHEN (IE :THE SPRING MECHANISM HAS NOT RELEASED) YOU WILL ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM WHEREBY A KEY CANNOT BE INSERTED FULLY FROM THE OUTSIDE.*****
On a lever/lever operation this means you could be locked out if a member of your household has locked the door from the inside and not returned the thumb turn to the correct position.
On a lever/pad operation this means you could lock yourself out of your home if you do not return the thumb to the correct position on opening and the door closes behind you.
- See chart below for various sizes.
- Snap Secure Technology - Cam locks against the internal locked side of the cylinder making the cylinder impervious to manual attack after snapping.
- British Standard Kitemark logo stamped.
- Police preferred Secured by Design accreditation.
- Supplied with 3 keys
- Available in keyed alike, singles & double profile formats.
- PLEASE NOTE 30/30 CYLINDERS ARE NOT BS
- 2nd side is the snap side